Terms and Conditions
All pricing includes all GST (goods and services tax) at 15%. Quoted costs are subject to change and availability until a firm reservation is secured.
Group Coach Tours
Special terms and conditions apply to group and speciality departure tours. A group tour is defined as a private chartered tour with more than 12 passengers. These special terms and conditions supersede the conditions below and will be advised on each quote and itinerary. Please check or ask if you need clarification.
- A minimum deposit of NZ$200 per person is payable prior to a reservation being made.
- The balance payment for your tour is due no later the 45 days prior to departure
- If making a reservation within 45 days of your tour full payment is required on confirmation of all your arrangements.
- We prefer payment by Visa or MasterCard and use a secure automated internet service provided by Direct Payment Solutions and the Bank of New Zealand..
- Terms and conditions as laid out by each coach tour company shall be the binding terms and conditions for the services provided by that company and additional New Zealand Coach Tours Ltd terms and conditions will not supersede or override these conditions.
Cancellation Policy - Independent Coach Tours
Cancellation 45 - 21 days prior your tour commencement date:
If you cancel your tour 45-21 days prior to your tour commencement date a cancellation fee of 35% of the total tour reservation value plus any cancellation fees applied by other providers such as accommodation, car rental and other activities.
Cancellation 20 - 8 days prior your tour commencement date:
If you cancel your tour 20-8 days prior to your tour commencement date a cancellation fee of 50% of the total tour reservation value plus any cancellation fees applied by other providers such as accommodation, car rental and other activities.
Cancellation 7 days or less prior your tour commencement date:
If you cancel your tour 7 days or less prior to your tour commencement date a cancellation fee of 100% of the total tour reservation applies.
Cancellation Policy - Escorted Coach Tours
- Cancellation prior to 45 days before your tour commencement date your deposit is non refundable plus any third party fees as below.
- Cancellation within 45 days of your tour commencement date:
- Inside 45 days of your tour commencement a cancellation fee of 25% of the total additional tour arrangements or reservation plus any cancellation fees applied by other providers such as accommodation, car rental and other activities.
- A travel agent or other third party may have their own cancellation policy and if the reservation was made through such a third party you may be liable for additional cancellation costs. Please check when you make your reservation through a travel agent or third party.
- Additional cancellation fees may be incurred for, but not necessarily limited to, reservations for other activities and accommodation. Fine Tours New Zealand reserves the right to reclaim these costs from you.
- You should be aware that New Zealand domestic airfares, ferries and some other activities of the like are normally non-refundable at any time and you will have been notified of this at the time of making your reservation.
- Additional cancellation fees may be incurred for, but not necessarily limited to, reservations for other activities and accommodation. New Zealand Coach Tours Ltd reserves the right to reclaim these costs from you.
- You should be aware that airfares, ferries and some other activities of the like are normally non-refundable.
A flexible approach
We are not in the business of making money through cancellation fees but we do need to cover our costs for work undertaken on your behalf. We will always endeavor to calculate cancellation fees as fairly and quickly as possible. You may change the dates of your tour at any time (subject to availability), however any third party costs, such as hotel amendment fees or cancellation costs will be payable by you.
New Zealand Coach Tours Ltd reserves the right to amend pricing at any time. Note if you have a confirmed itinerary we guarantee the pricing. In the event of an amendment to an itinerary that is beyond our control some services and products may be replaced.
Any information provided is done so with the understanding that the information may have been provided by a third party and should therefore only be used as a guideline. New Zealand Coach Tours Ltd may use third party suppliers or providers of some services and products and as such acts as agents for those. Any claim or liability resulting from those services or products is the responsibility of the supplier or provider.
New Zealand Coach Tours Ltd, its employees, independent contractors, suppliers and any person acting on behalf of New Zealand Coach Tours Ltd accept no responsibility for damage or loss to property or person howsoever caused.
Car rental with New Zealand Coach Tours Ltd is limited to the payment of and securing of the rental portion of the hire. All other insurance costs are to be settled directly with the car rental supplier. Any other costs incurred by the renter are the sole responsibility of the renter. A full set of terms and conditions for car rental is available on request.
Third party terms and conditions
The omission of a link to terms and conditions for third parties does not imply that our terms and conditions supersede those. We cannot list all of our providers terms and conditions and on request we will supply their individual terms and conditions to you. At the time of reservation we will endeavor to provide you with any information we feel you should be aware of but it is ultimately your responsibility to ensure you are happy with these terms.
Statutory Protections under New Zealand Law
These terms and conditions should be read subject to and in conjunction with the provisions of the Consumer Guarantees Act and the Fair Trading Act and do not affect the customers rights as expressed in these acts.
Kirra Tours - terms and booking conditions
All prices quoted for Kirra Tours are in NZ dollars. Where conversion to another currency is required you should refer to your own bank or credit card provider.
Conditions of Booking
A deposit of NZ$200 per person is required at the time of booking and the issue of our confirmation invoice will be confirmation of your contract with Kirra Tours, subject to the following conditions.
When payment is made to a Travel Agent, they act as your agent until such time as Kirra Tours have issued their confirmation invoice, after which they act as our agent.
The balance of payment is due not less than 45 days prior to your departure date in order to facilitate timely preparation and delivery of travel documentation.
(Note that participants for the Greenstone walk will need to pay final balance of the walk 75 days prior to departure).
Reservations may be made right up to the tour departure date, subject to availability. Bookings confirmed within 45 days of departure require immediate full payment.
Alterations or Cancellations by Kirra Tours
It is unlikely that Kirra Tours will make changes to your booking once it has been confirmed however Kirra Tours reserves the right to do so on or before the balance due date. These changes are often minor and you will be notified immediately.
All tours featured require a minimum number of bookings before they will operate and on very rare occasions Kirra Tours may cancel a tour due to low passenger numbers. If there is a major change to your itinerary or if your tour is cancelled, providing this is not due to force majeure*, you will be notified at least six weeks before the tour is due to commence and offered an alternative itinerary. You will have the option of accepting these alternative arrangements, in which case any difference in price will be refunded to you; purchasing another available holiday from us; or cancelling the booking completely whereby you will be given a full refund. A decision to cancel should be received in writing no later than 14 days from advice of the new travel arrangements.
*Force majeure is used to describe unusual or unforeseen circumstances such as war, threat of war, riot, civil disorder, terrorist activity, strike, natural or industrial disaster, adverse weather conditions or similar events that are beyond our control.
Amendments or Cancellations by You
Once your reservations have been confirmed one alteration will be made without additional charges. All subsequent changes will attract a minimum fee of NZ$25 per file. Once documents have been issued, a NZ$25 amendment fee will be applied for any changes.
If you wish to cancel a confirmed booking the following fees are applicable, effective from when the cancellation is received in writing to Kirra Tours:
For any bookings cancelled after the reservations have been confirmed and up until 45 days prior to departure a cancellation fee of NZ$200 per person will apply.
Cancellations made between:
44 and 21 days - 20% of the total cost
20 -11 days - 50% of the total cost
Within 10 days - 100% of the total cost.
Note: Departure date is considered the first date in which pre-booked arrangements commence.
Are based on sharing a room with 2 adult fare paying travellers and must be on the same meal basis. In the event of only one adult travelling, the adult must pay the single room supplement for children's prices to apply. Please note that whilst Kirra Tours will accept reservations for up to 2 adults and 2 children to share the one room, room size in some hotels is restricted and 3rd and 4th beds are likely to be rollaway style. Whilst the savings are substantial, some compromise is made in regard to comfort.
- 2-15 years inclusive $150 per day
- 2-14 years 50%
- 15 years plus Adult prices
Age is calculated at the date travel commences as shown in the passport. Upon request a detailed quote to suit your family or group can be calculated.
Once full payment for your tour has been received by Kirra Tours, the price is guaranteed not to change.
Greenstone Guided Walk Option
All clients choosing the Greenstone 3 Day Guided Walk option within their Ultimate New Zealand tour itinerary will be required to provide a further deposit of NZ$100 per person to secure this reservation. Please also note that any cancellations of the guided walk after confirmation in writing, up until 75 days before departure will incur a cancellation fee of $100 per person and within 75 days will incur 100% of the total cost of the guided walk. These cancellations conditions are in addition to our normal cancellation conditions outlined on this page.
The transport companies or firms concerned are not to be held responsible for any act, omission or event during the time the passengers are on board their aircraft or conveyances. The passenger contract in use by the carriers concerned when issued shall constitute the sole contract between the transportation companies or firms and the purchaser of these tours and/or passengers. Kirra Tours Ltd., and/or its associate companies or agents act only in the capacity of agents for the suppliers in all matters of transportation, tour operation and other services. Seasonal variation in airline transport and accommodation services may necessitate minor variations to itineraries and hotel standards. These will be made to the best advantage with appropriate adjustment to costs. All quotations are subject to tariff and rate variations to itineraries and hotel standards. Kirra Tours Ltd. assumes no responsibility for injury, damage, accident, loss, delay or irregularities that may be caused to person or property and all bookings are subject to the usual conditions of bookings of Kirra Tours Ltd. The transportation companies or firms shall be exempt from all liability in respect of any deterioration, delay, loss, damage, sickness, or injury, however, and by whomsoever caused and of whatever kind occurring of/or to the passenger at the time when the passengers are not on board the carrier or a conveyance used or operated by the transportation companies or firms. The passage contract in use by the transport companies or firms concerned shall constitute the sole contract between the transport companies or firms and the purchaser of these tours and/or passengers. All tickets, deposit tickets, coupons and orders are furnished and issued subject in all respects to those terms and conditions under which the means of transportation or other services provided thereby are offered or supplied by owners, operators, public carriers, managing agents or agents. The right is reserved to cancel or withdraw at any time bookings made by or for the client in which event no liability whatsoever in respect of such cancellation or withdrawal shall fall upon Kirra Tours Ltd., save only that there shall be refunded to the client the monies paid by him in respect of the bookings so cancelled or withdrawn.
It is recommended that Travel Insurance be purchased to cover against loss or damage to luggage, accident or sickness and any legitimate, unforeseen need to cancel your tour.
G.S.T. (Goods & Services Tax)
The New Zealand Government imposes a 12.5% Goods and Services Tax on all goods and services utilised in the country. This tax is included in all prices quoted for Kirra Tours on this website.
Airport arrival/departure taxes, charges for excess luggage, personal services, gratuities, laundry, drinks, meals (except as specified in your itinerary), pre-travel documentation, personal accident and medical expenses and incidental expenses including all communication charges incurred on passenger's behalf.
Any problems that occur whilst on holiday should be directed at the earliest opportunity to the local supplier, representative and Kirra Tours Christchurch Operations office so it can be rectified. Complaints must be submitted in writing to Kirra Tours no later than 30 days after returning from your holiday.
These conditions should also be read in conjunction and with reference to general terms and conditions for New Zealand Coach Tours Ltd.
AAT Kings tours - terms and booking conditionsBookings and Conditions
To confirm your reservation, a deposit of $200 per person is required. Reservations will be held for 7 days only without deposit. Balance of payment for your holiday is to be paid 42 days prior to departure. The operator (AAT Kings) reserves the right to accept waitlist clients in place of applicants failing to finalise within the prescribed time.
Prices and Concessions
Prices are quoted in New Zealand Currency, include GST and supersede all prices previously advertised. Please check the exact price of your tour at the time of paying balance. Rail prices are subject to change from time to time. All prices are valid subject to Government surcharges.
Children 15 years and under:
When sharing a room with at least one adult, a child receives a discount off the adult coach content price.
Concession Card Holders:
Prices apply to all Australian and New Zealand pensioners (refer to each price box for discount amount) however concession rail prices are only available where Australian Centrelink Pensioner Concession Card is produced. 'Seniors Card' holders are also eligible for the concession discounts.
In addition to the complimentary airport transfers and free travel pack and map, only one AAT Kings Discount is available per booking.
Single rooms are available upon request and a supplement is payable at the time of the booking (see each tour). The supply of singles is limited and in the event we are unable to confirm, they may be reserved and paid for directly on tour with the hotel concerned. Our Tour Director will assist. If you are travelling alone on an Escorted Tour, we may be able to match you up with another client in a twin room and save you paying the supplement. Please request at the time of booking.
In triple share rooms, the third bed may be a 'foldaway', sofa bed or 'rollaway'.
Cancellations and Amendments
Cancellation fees will be levied relative to the amount of notice given:
Cancellation Notice - % of Price
- 45 days or more notice - loss of deposit
- 22 - 41 days notice - 28% of total cost plus your deposit
- 8 - 21 days notice - 33% of total cost plus your deposit
- 1 - 7 days notice - 55% of total tour cost plus your deposit
- Day of Departure - 100% of total cost
Modification to a confirmed booking may incur a $55 per person amendment fee.
#Airfares: Tickets are issued on your airfares on receipt of full payment. Once ticketed, these airfares are non-refundable as per airline conditions. Any amendments to these flights may incur a fee.
Illness or Absenteeism
In the event of your withdrawal from a tour after commencement for reasons of illness, you must obtain a medical certificate in support of any insurance claim. We regret that no refunds can be made for absences from a tour, including but not limited to missed meals or sightseeing. AAT Kings make no representation or guarantees concerning reimbursements of funds paid by you under any insurance claim.
Please note that AAT Kings does not incur any liability for airfares purchased by travel agents or clients online via the internet. In the unlikely event that a tour is cancelled, AAT Kings cannot be held responsible for airfare conditions when the airfare is purchased via the internet with companies other than AAT Kings. All such risk, loss and expense must be borne by the travel agent or client.
Clients are strongly advised to take out travel insurance to cover any unforeseen circumstances (eg. cancellation or curtailment expenses, loss of luggage etc).
Transportation, entrance fees and boat cruise prices as per itinerary, services of a Tour Director and Tour Driver, meals as specified, accommodation on a share twin room basis (unless otherwise specified), travel kit, map and bag. Subject to a minimum number of clients, AAT Kings reserves the right to operate tours usin a smaller vehicle with a Driver/Guide.
One medium size suitcase per person, the sum of its length/width and depth not to exceed 140cm (56") plus an overnight bag (airline bag size) which may be carried on-board the coach. Maximum weight of all luggage not to exceed 20kg (44lbs). We are required by strict Government vehicle weight regulations to enforce and adhere to this limit. If your luggage exceeds this limit, we ask that you make alternative arrangements for the excess to be forwarded to the termination point of your tour. Please note we suggest you have wheels on your suitcase, as there are certain places where assistance is not available (eg. railway station and cruise terminal).
Smoking and Seat Rotation
Government regulations prohibit smoking inside tourist coaches within New Zealand. Please restrict smoking to the ample stops en route. To enable everyone the opportunity of enjoying window and front seats, clients change seats daily during the course of the tour.
Clothing and What to Bring
We recommend casual, lightweight, drip-dry clothing, with some warmer articles for the evenings and cooler days. For the winter months, a warm jacket is recommended. Pack shorts, pullover, several changes of underwear and socks, rubber-soled walking shoes, swimsuit, towel, sleeping clothes and waterproof jacket. Do not forget your hat, camera, film, sunglasses, insect repellent, sunscreen, toilet requisites and a flask for drinking water. Regular laundry facilities are available en route.
Children under 5 years of age are ineligible. Children under 18 years of age must be accompanied by an adult. Clients with disabilities are welcome on AAT Kings tours providing they are accompanied by an able-bodied companion and do not require special assistance from AAT Kings personnel. AAT Kings reserves the right to refuse to carry anyone if it is felt the individual cannot cope with the requirements of coach tour travel and who may require services and facilities that AAT Kings cannot guarantee will be available. You agree to not hold AAT Kings responsible for any decision made by AAT Kings or any service provider to refuse to carry you, provide any facilities or accommodation to you or to provide any service to you.
IMPORTANT: Scenic Flights, Boat Cruises, Helicopter Flights, Cable Car Rides, some 4WD Tours, White Water Rafting, Camel Rides, Hot Air Ballooning, Rail, Farmstay Options etc.
These excursions are not operated by AAT Kings Tours, nor by persons or companies associated with or representing AAT Kings Tours. These activities involve inherent risk of injury, death, accident, delay and loss, and client assumes all such risk with regard to any misadventure, death, injury, delay or loss which occurs during, or as a result of any such activity.
This web document represents the entire agreement between the client and AAT Kings Tours Pty. Ltd., who is the tour operator. AAT Kings will be responsible to the client for supplying the services and accommodation as described in this brochure, except where such services cannot be supplied, or the itinerary used is changed due to delays or other causes of whatever kind or nature beyond the control of AAT Kings. In such circumstances, we will do our best to supply comparable services, accommodations and itineraries, and there shall be no refund in this connection. AAT Kings and its agents (collectively 'AAT Kings') act only as agent for the client and upon the express condition that AAT Kings shall not be liable or responsible for any direct, indirect, consequential or incidental damage, injury, loss, accident, delay or irregularity of any kind, which may be occasioned by reason of any act or omission of any third party (including without limitation, any act, inaction or breach of contract of any third party, which is to or does supply any goods or services for this trip). Without limiting the foregoing, AAT Kings does not own or operate any third party suppliers of services such as hotels, restaurants, transportation companies, sightseeing companies or local tour operators. It is not responsible for any injury, death, loss or expense due to overbooking of accommodations, default of any third parties, sickness, weather, strikes, acts of God, Government, acts of terrorism, criminal activity, war, quarantine, force majeure events or any other cause beyond its control. All such risk, loss and expense must be borne by the client. Occasionally, it may be necessary to alter or amend itineraries, accommodation and sightseeing arrangements from those published. This may be due to road, weather and other operational needs prevailing at the time, and is always made in the best interests of your comfort. Any personal expenses incurred by a client as a result of any delay, alteration or curtailment of any tour, whether caused by mechanical defect, strikes or any other cause are the responsibility of the client (we strongly recommend all clients take out Travel Insurance, see your licensed travel agent). The operator is unable to guarantee exact arrival and departure times, and is not liable for any failure to make connections with any other service, or guarantee the operation of any particular service. In the case of breakdown and other unforeseen circumstances, the operator reserves the right to substitute vehicles other than specified, to ensure the operation of a tour. These coaches will be modern touring vehicles and may not have some of the features described. Please note that if you arrange for payment through an unaccredited agent, the unaccredited agent is not our agent for the purpose of receipt of monies. Receipt of deposits and subsequent payments by the travel agent does not constitute receipt of those monies by us, and the travel agent has no authority, expressed or implied, to receive monies on our behalf. There is no liability on our part, in respect of any monies paid to your travel agent. The company reserves the right to cancel any ticket or booking, or to refuse to carry any client where payment has not been received by the company within the specified time. The company reserves the right to amend or cancel tours at any time.
These conditions should also be read in conjunction and with reference to general terms and conditions for New Zealand Coach Tours Ltd.
Grand Pacific Tours - terms and booking conditions
1.Payment acknowledges that you have read, understood and accepted these booking conditions.
Payment A deposit of $200 per person is required at the time of booking. The balance of payment is due 45 days prior to departure.
2. Prices. All holiday prices are based on schedules, fares and tariffs current at the time Grand Pacific product is released.
Grand Pacific Tours reserves the right to vary the cost of tours if necessary, by reason of currency fluctuation or component cost increase. Tour costing will be guaranteed at the price prevailing at the date of final payment.
3.Children. Children’s fares (i.e. 11 years and under) are available on application.
Please note: unfortunately children under five are not suitable on these tours.
4. Luggage Limits Each traveller is entitled to take one suitcase, the sum of its length, width and depth is not to exceed 140cm and weigh no more than 20 kilograms.
5. Single Travellers. Smoking is not permitted in Single to Twin share rooms. If someone is not compatible with the person they have been matched up with, any additional costs incurred to assist with changing their room type will be at the traveller’s expense and will be subject to availability. Acceptance of Single to Twin share basis is subject to the individual’s medical condition being suitable for this type of arrangement.
6. Room & Dietary Requests. Special room and dietary requests will be accepted and passed on to the hotels but cannot be guaranteed.
7. Smoking Laws. Smoking is not permitted in any licensed premises (bars, restaurants, cafes, casinos, etc) throughout New Zealand. Smoking rooms at hotels will be subject to availability and may not be available in some destinations.
8. Seat Rotation. For the enjoyment of all travellers Grand Pacific Tours operates a daily seat rotation system which all travellers must participate in as a condition of booking.
9. Travel Insurance. Travel Insurance is not included but is strongly recommended for all travellers. Speak to your local Travel Insurnace provider to arrange this.
10. Cancellations/Transfer of Booking. In the event a traveller cancels off a tour the following fees apply:
- 45 days or more prior to departure, loss of deposit.
- Between 7 and 45 days prior to departure, 50% of the tour package price.
- Less than 7 days prior to departure, 100% of the tour package price.
If you wish to cancel your existing booking and transfer to a new departure date, the above cancellation fees will still apply.
11. Health and Fitness. Payment of deposit by traveller(s) to Grand Pacific Tours acts as a warranty that the traveller(s) is/are reasonably healthy and/or fit to participate in the tour and the traveller(s) indemnifies Grand Pacific Tours from all actions, claims and demands arising out of any want of health and fitness. Grand Pacific Tours reserves the right to remove a traveller from a tour if their health and/or fitness interferes with the tour or other traveller(s) tour experience in any way. Travelling with a wheelchair is subject to availability at the time of booking as each tour only has the capacity to cater for one wheelchair passenger.
12. Responsibilities. Grand Pacific Tours advises that the service it provides is for the booking and packaging of goods and services provided by other operators such as hotels and transportation companies. Travellers are advised to familiarise themselves with the terms and conditions on which these services are supplied. Accordingly, Grand Pacific Tours will not be responsible and will be excluded from liability for any loss, damage, omission or acts being negligent or otherwise, committed by the operators of airlines, coach companies, hotels or attractions used in connection with the tours.
13. Airline Indemnity. Airlines carry no responsibility for any statement in this brochure relating to the ground content of the tours. These airlines act as air carriers only. Grand Pacific Tours indemnifies the airlines against any claim, action, loss or damage that may arise.
14. Optional Tours. Grand Pacific Tours does not operate these excursions. As such, no person employed or associated with Grand Pacific Tours has any connection with the operators of these excursions. Accordingly, Grand Pacific Tours cannot and do not take any responsibility for any injury, action, loss or damage of any type, arising in any manner from these excursions.
15.Variation. Grand Pacific Tours reserves the right to cancel or to vary the content of its tours should the need arise.
16. Dispute. The law of this contract is the law of the State of Victoria and where applicable the law of the Commonwealth of Australia and New Zealand.
17. Documentation. The traveller(s) is/are responsible for the acquisition of passports and appropriate visas, where necessary. We recommend that such documents, as required by governments, are finalised at least six weeks prior to the date of departure.
18. Refund. Please note that no refund shall be made for any unused portion of any itinerary. Any alteration to the holiday, made by a traveller(s), shall be wholly at the expense of that traveller(s)
19. Senior Card Holders. Senior Card discounts do not apply on Regional departures, Probus Tours or special group departures. This cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer. A photocopy of the Seniors Card must be submitted at the time of booking for the discount to apply. There will be no retrospective discounts.
20. Travel Compensation Fund. Grand Pacific Tours is a participant of the Travel Compensation Fund. The Travel Compensation Fund is Australia’s primary means of providing compensation to eligible travellers who suffer loss as a result of the financial collapse of a participating travel agency business.Grand Pacific Tours run a Trust Account holding clients monies until tour payments are settled. All tours are prepaid to New Zealand hotels and attractions.
MoaTrek terms and conditions
- A payment of NZ$200 per person confirms your booking and acknowledges your agreement to terms and conditions.
- The balance of your fare is due 45 days before your tour departs.
- Tour reservations made within 45 days ful payment is due upon confirmation
- All prices are in $NZ and include New Zealand Goods & Services tax (GST) of 15%.
Cancellations and amendments
Cancellation fees depend on when we receive written notification of a cancellation.
- Bookings cancelled more than 45 days before departure incur loss of deposit.
- Between 45 days & 14 days 25% of tour cost.
- Within 14 days of departure 50% of tour cost.
- Bookings cancelled within seven days of the departure date are subject to 100% of tour cost.
- No refunds will be made after travel has commenced.
All tours and activities described in our marketing materials and tour itineraries will hereafter be referred to as "tours". All bookings are made with New Zealand Trails Holdings Limited, hereafter referred to as the "company", "we" or "us
Deposit: A non-refundable deposit of $200 per person is required. If your booking is made 45 days or less prior to the scheduled departure date then full payment is due immediately. Your part or full payment for your travel arrangements indicates your acknowledgement of our booking conditions and your agreement to be bound by them.
CANCELLATIONS BY YOU
Any cancellation by you must be made in writing and is effective from the date of physical receipt by us. The date on which the letter is received by us or our agents will determine the cancellation charges applicable. The cancellation charges are expressed as a percentage of the total tour price and based on the number of days notice before date of departure. Date of departure is defined as the day of commencement of any tour arrangements we have made for you.
These charges are as follows:
- 45 days or more before departure: $200 deposit
- 44-31 days before departure: 35% plus deposit
- 30-16 days before departure: 50% plus deposit
- 15 days or less before departure or after scheduled departure date: 100%
CANCELLATIONS BY NEW ZEALAND TRAILS
Very rarely when the minimum number of bookings required to run a tour is not met we may have to cancel a tour, but we will not do so less than 30 days prior to departure. Please enquire at the time of booking as to whether your tour is confirmed to depart. Force majeure is unusual and unforeseeable circumstances beyond our control, the consequences of which neither we nor our suppliers could avoid, even with the exercise of all due care, examples of which are war or threat of war, riots, civil strife, terrorist activity, industrial disputes, natural or nuclear disaster, fire or adverse weather conditions, level of water in rivers or other similar events beyond our control.
If we have to cancel your tour before the date of departure, you will have the choice of taking an alternative tour (and where this is of a lower price we will refund the difference) or withdrawing from the contract and accepting a full refund for your tour price paid.
We are not responsible for any incidental expenses that you may have incurred as a result of your tour booking, including but not limited to visas, vaccinations, travel insurance excess or non-refundable flights.
In the unlikely event that we become unable to provide a significant proportion of the services you have booked after you depart, we will make alternative arrangements for you at no extra charge, or, if this is impossible, or you do not accept these alternative arrangements for a good reason, we will provide you with transport back to your point of departure and a pro rata refund for the cost of the remainder of your holiday.
If you have special requests, you should inform us of such requests prior to departure. We will advise any relevant suppliers of your requirements, but we cannot guarantee that such requests will be met. Furthermore, we have no liability to you if such requests are not met.
New Zealand Trails is not an ordinary travel operator, and all adventure travel is by nature unpredictable. The type of travel we offer requires flexibility and must allow for alternatives. The outline itinerary as given for each tour must therefore be taken as an indication of what each trip may accomplish, and not as a contractual obligation on the part of the company. The final decision on the itinerary and conduct of any tour will be taken by us in the interests of the group/or clients as a whole. It is understood that the route schedules, itineraries, amenities and mode of transport may be subject to alteration without prior notice due to local circumstances or events which may include sickness or medical breakdown, flight cancellations, strikes, climate and other unpredictable or unforeseeable circumstances.
At all times the decision of our tour leader or representative will be final on all matters likely to endanger the safety and well being of the tour. You must at all times strictly comply with all laws, customs, foreign exchange and drug regulations. Should you fail to do so then you may be ordered to leave the tour without recourse to any refund and without any legal claim against the company.
It is essential that you are covered by insurance before setting out on holiday. This insurance must cover personal accident, medical expenses, and repatriation costs, and could optionally cover loss of effects and all other expenses which might arise as a result of loss, damage, injury, delay or inconvenience. When obtaining travel insurance from a source other than us you must ensure that the insurer is aware of the type of travel to be undertaken.
DISCHARGE OF LIABILITY
You acknowledge that the nature of travel and activities undertaken while travelling is adventurous and that as such tours and activities undertaken may involve a significant amount of personal risk. These include injury, disease, loss or damage to property, inconvenience, and discomfort. You further acknowledge that you are fully aware of the risks of injury associated with your participation in these various activities and agree to voluntarily assume such risk of injury.
It is a fundamental condition of this contract between us and you that to the extent permitted by law you discharge us (including but not limited to our directors, employees, contractors, suppliers and agents) from any liability for any damage, death or injury to person or property whatsoever arising out of or incidental to your tour, whether or not such damage or personal injury is caused or contributed to by us. You also agree to make no claim against us arising out of the tour and further agree that no third party may make a claim through you or on your behalf.
If you have a complaint whilst on your tour you must inform us immediately. Matters can be most easily sorted out for you on the spot whilst you are on your tour. We must further request that you make the complaint known to us in detail in writing within 28 days of your tour's scheduled completion and we will do our best to reach a settlement with you.
You must be in possession of a valid passport and visas as may be required for your travel. It is your sole responsibility to make sure that you have all necessary visas and health requirements for your entire journey, including transit visas where required. We do not accept responsibility for changes in regulations for visas or any particular requirements for visas and will not be held responsible for your failure to obtain the necessary visas. Any information and advice given by us on visas, vaccinations, climate, clothing, baggage, etc. is given in good faith.
You agree to reimburse us or our suppliers for any of equipment lost or damaged whilst in your care.
By agreeing to these booking conditions you confirm that you are in good health for the activities which you are undertaking and have advised fully any medical history of heart or lung disorders, asthma or epilepsy, insulin or drug dependency, or any other known medical condition. You agree that you will not participate in activities if you are feeling unwell while on the tour.
WITHDRAWL OF SERVICES
We reserve the right to withdraw services and expel from any tour any person who is causing risk to themselves or the environment, or negatively impacting on others' enjoyment of their tour. In the event that this occurs, you agree that you will not be entitled to a refund of any sort and that you will be fully responsible for your travel arrangements from the point of expulsion.
OUTDOOR ACTIVITY IMPORTANT INFORMATION
Your voluntary participation in the outdoor activities included in this tour implies understanding and acceptance of the following points:
-If you have any medical conditions or there is any other reason that may affect your ability to do this please let us know immediately.
-We operate under an independently audited safety plan however please be aware that walking in an outdoor environment does involve exposure to some risk.
-You agree to listen to and follow the instructions of your guides at all times. The guide has the ability to curtail or change the trip itinerary if your safety could be compromised.
-Caregivers will ensure any accompanying children will abide by all the above conditions.
Active Adventures terms and conditions
A deposit of $1000 NZD is payable per person, per trip, to secure the reservation and allow Active Adventures to make advance bookings as required. This deposit is non-refundable and non-transferable.
The remaining payment is payable no later than 45 days prior to the commencement of the trip. If the booking is made within 45 days of the trip start date the full balance of the trip, including any additional cost items, should be paid immediately.
CANCELLATION POLICY:The deposit is non-refundable and non-transferable to another departure date or trip. In the event that it becomes necessary to cancel a client trip, the following charges apply from the date Active Adventures receives written notification of a cancellation request.
If Active Adventures have to cancel the trip for any reason, we will give minimum 30 days' notice and refund any payments in full.
There will be no discount or refunds for missed or unused services such as accommodation, activities, meals etc. This includes voluntary or involuntary early departure from a tour.
o Cancellations outside 60 days from date of departure - loss of deposit.
o Cancellations 60 to 30 days from date of departure - loss of 50% of total trip cost.
o Cancellations 30 days from date of departure - no refund.
Active Adventures require every client to be covered by travel insurance, including full medical cover and emergency repatriation. Active Adventures also recommends insuring against any other travel mishap such as flight cancellations or delays, loss of luggage and personal effects, theft or trip interruption at the time of booking. Active Adventures recommends clients purchase insurance at the time of booking to cover for cancellation on the part of the client.