New Zealand Small Group Tours - escorted itineraries
New Zealand small group tours offer all sorts of possibilities that aren't available when travelling in a larger group. You will enjoy all the benefits of escorted, inclusive group travel, but as part of a much smaller travel party.
The small group tour experience
- You travel with the same small group of people – generally 12-20 guests.
- Your itinerary is designed to make the most of your time without rushing you and includes a more personalised experience than escorted group tours offer.
- Smaller groups mean the freedom to discover more off the beaten path destinations.
- Travel in modern well-equipped coaches or vehicles.
- Stay in distinctive accommodation usually unavailable to larger groups. Accommodation varies across each operator so check out the different styles on offer.
- Some operators include breakfasts and dinners while others offer a more 'explore by yourself' experience.
- Prearranged or optional activities - we will be sure to highlight the must-dos when booking.
- Driver/guides are on hand to advise, inform and look after you throughout your tour.
Small group touring facts
- Specified departure dates - you must travel on the dates set by the operator.
- Start and finish in the main centres, the most popular points are Auckland, Christchurch and Queenstown.
- Tour lengths range from 3 to 21 days.
- Most guests add pre and post tour arrangements. We can help arrange this.
Who are the leading small group tour operators?
- Grand Pacific Ultimate Tours - Grand Pacific offers its Ultimate range of small group tours. With a maximum of 20 guests, you will travel in comfort on their 'business-class coaches'.
- Haka Tours - aiming at the 'professional backpacker' market, Haka tours offer superb value with options to upgrade accommodations and customise inclusions.