New Zealand Small Group Tours - escorted itineraries
New Zealand small group tours offer all sorts of possibilities that aren't available when travelling in a larger group. You will enjoy all the benefits of escorted, inclusive group travel, but as part of a much smaller travel party.
The small group tour experience
- You travel with the same small group of people – generally 12-20 guests.
- Your itinerary is designed to make the most of your time without rushing you and includes a more personalised experience than escorted group tours offer.
- Smaller groups mean the freedom to discover more off the beaten path destinations.
- Travel in modern well-equipped coaches or vehicles.
- Stay in distinctive accommodation usually unavailable to larger groups. Accommodation varies across each operator so check out the different styles on offer.
- Some operators include breakfasts and dinners while others offer a more 'explore by yourself' experience.
- Prearranged or optional activities - we will be sure to highlight the must-dos when booking.
- Driver/guides are on hand to advise, inform and look after you throughout your tour.
Small group touring facts
- Specified departure dates - you must travel on the dates set by the operator.
- Start and finish in the main centres, the most popular points are Auckland, Christchurch and Queenstown.
- Tour lengths range from 3 to 21 days.
- Most guests add pre and post tour arrangements. We can help arrange this.
Who are the leading small group tour operators?
- Grand Pacific Ultimate Tours - Grand Pacific offers its Ultimate range of small group tours. With a maximum of 20 guests, you will travel in comfort on their 'business-class coaches'.
- Inspiring Journeys - Organised by AAT Kings these premium tours include multiple 2 night stays in high-end accommodations and include plenty of great adventures. You will travel with just 19 others on a spacious premium vehicle.
- MoaTrek - Looking for a taste of true kiwi hospitality? For those who want to experience the real New Zealand, MoaTrek small group tours offer relaxing holidays for seniors, with groups of just 18 travellers at a time.
- Haka Tours - aiming at the 'professional backpacker' market, Haka tours offer superb value with options to upgrade accommodations and customise inclusions.