Small group touring around New Zealand
New Zealand small group coach tours offer all sorts of possibilities that aren't available when travelling in a larger group. You will enjoy all the benefits of escorted, inclusive group travel, but as part of a much smaller travel party.
The small group tour experience
- You travel with the same small group of people – generally 12-20 guests.
- Your itinerary is designed to make the most of your time without rushing you, and includes a more personalised experience than escorted group tours offer.
- Smaller groups mean the freedom to discover more off the beaten path destinations.
- Travel in modern well equipped coaches or vehicles.
- Stay in distinctive accommodation usually unavailable to larger groups. Accommodation varies across each operator so check out the different styles on offer.
- Some operators include breakfasts and dinners while others offer a more 'explore by yourself' experience.
- Prearranged or optional activities - we will be sure to highlight the must-dos when booking.
- Driver/guides are on hand to advise, inform and look after you throughout your tour.
Small group touring facts
- Specified departure dates - you must travel on the dates set by the operator.
- Start and finish in the main centres, most popular points are Auckland, Christchurch and Queenstown.
- Tour lengths range from 3 to 21 days.
- Most guests add pre and post tour arrangements. We can help arrange this.
Who are the leading small group tour operators?
- Grand Pacific Ultimate Tours - Grand Pacific offers their Ultimate range of small group tours. With a maximum of 20 guests you will travel in comfort on their 'business class coaches'.
- Kirra Tours Platimum range - Kirra's small group tours travel to all the must see locations and destinations with a mixture of guaranteed and scheduled departures (scheduled departures often become guaranteed once minimum numbers are reached).
- Haka Tours - aiming at the 'professional backpacker' market, Haka tours offer superb value with options to upgrade accommodations and customise inclusions.
- MoaTrek - started in the 1970's, MoaTrek's range of tours have become known as truly unique. Unique locations and unique inclusions set them apart.
- Stray tours - Stray describe their tours as being like a 'road trip with like minded individuals'. Stray tours offer a flexible approach to accommodation options and inclusions.