Final check list tips
While we're experts at taking care of every detail once you're in New Zealand, there's a few things you will need to double check before you leave. So to ensure you don't miss anything important, here’s a few ideas and tips to get you vacation ready:
- Check your itinerary to ensure it is all in order and to your satisfaction.
- Check your flight details are correct, especially name and dates. Make sure you have the appropriate visas if required.
- Check your passport is valid. New Zealand requires you to have three months remaining on your passport to enter the country. If you are transiting in another country on your way here, check the passport conditions required to enter.
- Driving license. You must have a valid English driving license to drive in New Zealand. otherwise an international one will be required.
- Make sure your credit card is activated for international use. Unusual international activity on your card can result in the bank putting a hold on - so be sure to tell them when and where you're travelling. Visa and MasterCard are readily accepted in New Zealand, but providers such as Diner or American Express may not be in some places.
- If you haven't already done so, we recommend you get travel insurance. It's best to be prepared so make sure you have a copy of your plan and policy number with you at all times. We recommend saving a digital copy to your phone or tablet.
- Take copies of all your documents and store them separately to the originals in case of any emergency. We also recommend taking photos of your documents and keeping them on hand in your phone or tablet.
- Plug important phone numbers into your phone with the associated international dialing code. Such numbers could be: Your doctor, your insurer, reservations for your airline etc.
- If you take medication make sure you have enough to last you for your entire trip - and a little extra just in case. Ensure it is properly labelled, and check with your doctor in case you need to carry a letter proving the medicine has been prescribed to you.
- Check you have the correct adapter for your electrical devices. More information on plugs used in NZ.
- Leave a copy of your itinerary with your friends and family so they know how to contact you. The version sent to you in your arrival documents is ideal.